Tuesday, May 27, 2008

R.I.P Sydney Pollack


I find the following quite ironic. Yesterday I was hanging out with my friend Corey Garry and his grandfather had passed not 4 hours before we were scheduled to go out. I was driving my mother's Chrysler 300 and in the CD player was a mix I had made years ago for my father. The song "Guilty" came on, a duet by Barry Gibb and Barbra Streisand. This immediately led us to talking about Streisand movies and our counter views on certain performances. What we could muster to agree upon was that "hey, wow The Way We Were was quite a film". I always admired Pollack's work as a director and I was especially a fan of his supporting roles in a wide array of films, from his prick attorney role in the pathetic Changing Lanes to his overlooked performance in 2007's Michael Clayton. He was certainly one of Hollywood's finest living artifacts. He will be surely missed. Rest in Peace, Mr. Pollack.

No comments: