Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Warm Out"

Hooray For Earth!
In an early form called Raymond, this band played at my high school when I was in 10th grade.
This song is called "Warm Out" and it is from their new ep, Cellphone.

I'm not a big fan of the video, but I really like the song. (*after a third viewing, I actually really like the video)
Equal parts 80's pop new wave and nu-metal (uhh, what? no seriously), they wed the best of both worlds, bearing a heavy yet very palatable child.
I saw them perform two weeks ago at Piano's and they were super tight.
I really enjoyed their self-titled full-length debut, released a year ago.
Since that record, however, their sound has gotten much sharper, cleaner, and more focused as evidenced by their new ep.
I don't live in Boston, but from what I can gather they are pretty popular in Beantown.
If you enjoy, here's their myspace, via which you can grab a copy of their ep and their full-length.
Hooray For Earth!

No comments: