Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Say it Ain't So, Flav

I'm getting my SportsCenter fix this morning and I learn that Dallas Cowboys All-Pro wideout Terrell Owens plans to make a guest appearance on Flavor Flav's upcoming My Network TV sitcom Under One Roof. Flav plays an ex-convict who lives with his successful, straitlaced, real estate developer brother; details of T.O.'s role were unavailable.



Early prediction for the show: Canceled immediately following the pilot episode. Unless T.O. makes an appearance in the first episode, we'll probably never get a chance to check out his acting chops. In the meantime, we should all amuse ourselves with this Sal Paolantonio article explaining why T.O. is overrated. As for Flav, he has overstayed his welcome in the world of cable television and this latest sorry endeavor further emphasizes how far he has fallen since the glory days of Flavor of Love: Season One. Flav has long worn the crown (literally and figuratively) as King of reality t.v. but it's time he does the right thing and gracefully step aside to make room for Brett Michaels's legitimate ascension to the throne.

3 comments:

joshua francis said...

check out the Sal Paolantonio article if only to read Boomer Esiason's disturbing "saddling" analogy.

Tyler James said...

A once seemingly boundless threshold I had for anything Flav has been obliterated.

Ambiguous Q. Thunderwing said...

Maybe I'm alone here, and maybe I'm just the guy without cable, but the Fresh Prince-esque back story/intro got me. All principles I hold bitchslap me for confessing this, but I wouldn't mind watching this show (if only to justify my being bitchslapped).