Saturday, April 26, 2008

Surf the Channel

I don't get cable. Recently I have had an immense wanting for some television. I realize the avenues of internet television are plagued by the same Charles Schwab advertisements a la Richard Linklater "Scanner Darkly" real-life/animation editing style. If you go to NBC.com to watch "The Office" you watch more commercials than you do on an actual television. I have however found a great website which hosts a plethora of television programs without commercials. Many of the shows I have watched are hosted on sites like Megavideo or Veohtv, which are fast, but you should probably be on a browser like Firefox if you don't want to be bothered with a slow stream. Although Surf the Channel doesn't have every episode of every season necessarily, they do a pretty good job regardless. For free streaming TV go here: Surf the Channel

2 comments:

joshua francis said...

Those real/life animation commercials kill me. The one with the regular guy in the baseball hat talking about his broker while he barbecues makes me feel a little bit ill every time I see it.

Surf the channel is solid; I've tried a few other similar sites in the past and this one is certainly the best.

Alex Kotce said...

Yeah that one sucks, they all do. I heard that it took like 13 days to film "A Scanner Darkly" and like 8 months to edit. Even that is a piece of shit.