Sunday, April 27, 2008

Titus Andronicus


Today I went on to Pitchforkmedia.com (I hold back my love/hate relationship with the site for the purpose of this post) and I noticed that one of the album reviews was of the band Titus Andronicus. Fortunately for them they recieved an 8.5 rating. Which in a world where Pitchfork literally makes or breaks new (indie rock) bands they got the good end of the stick receiving a "Best New Music" award. The reason I post this is because my freshman year I happened to have attended Monmouth University in New Jersey. I was also in a band and I was good friends with a bassist in a band called Library Of Congress. My band played some shows with them. Library of Congress disbanded when my buddy left to go to Washington, the remaining members formed Titus Andronicus. I am proud and almost in shock to say: YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK THIS BAND OUT! I used to party with them, MAN! So when they are on Conan in two weeks I can say, "Hey I know those guys". But in all seriousness, they are quite amazing.

Pitchfork Review

Myspace Page

No comments: