Monday, April 14, 2008

slate.com


I feel slightly lame devoting two of not many posts entirely to web links, but I don't care. The website is slate.com - http://www.slate.com/ - and I am not sure how well known it is, but if you haven't checked it out, it's worth a look. It's a kind of online journal / database of collected Alternative Press stories / original content / blogger input. There are consistently great pictures in the "today's photos" section at the top right (the photo in this post is one of them). And I always check the "today's papers" section at some point in the day (it's a rundown of all the big stories in all of the big papers for the given day)
- reading that section is probably, more than anything else, a reliable structural marker to my daily routines - it makes me feel more responsible / older than I actually am. I have come across some pretty sub par videos in the various video links and I don't agree with the emphasis on the 2008 Presidential Election often evident on the home page but on the whole you can find a lot of interesting reading material here. check it out.

No comments: