Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Commander-In-Chief



Ever since he awkwardly presented the national budget (or "e-budget" as he called it in jest) using a laptop a year ago, I have found there is a very endearing side to President Bush.

My first reaction to the clip above was utter disgust and embarrasment: "This is our president?". Not a novel reaction. But upon further viewings, I realized: "This was our president!"

I suppose I'll never believe that President Bush was a decent or even competent president, but I'll be damned if he can't make me smile.

7 comments:

joshua francis said...

If I were him I never would have given up ownership of the Texas Rangers baseball franchise to run for office. Seems like a step backwards.

and yesterday I watched those volleyball girls ROCK the Cuban team. USA!

Ambiguous Q. Thunderwing said...

"...so what're you doing here?"

Maureen Gillespie said...

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive about this, but I found this clip to be appalling. You'd think a man with daughters of a similar age would think twice before pulling shit like this.

I always hated Bush, but now I hate him even more. Thank god this pig is out of the office soon.

Ambiguous Q. Thunderwing said...

I think at this point he's castrated, so everything he does rather than completely enraging me makes me also think "ahh, what a stupid ass!" and laugh. I will always be utterly befuddled as to how Bush became president at all, but I think now that the Constitution will prevail in getting him out of office, I just think he's silly.

joshua francis said...

Appalling? I guess I missed that part. I thought this whole encounter seemed pretty relaxed and friendly. Maybe we watched different clips.

Did you know that he hugged Kobe Bryant a couple days ago? Hugged a once-accused rapist! Oh my. What a pig.

I can't wait until we can trade in our amiable boob leader for an angry old guy or a shady intellectual.

joshua francis said...

There's a video on the right side of this link where Kerri Walsh (the tall woman) explains the whole encounter and refers to George Bush as "sweet," "respectful" and "a good man."

dave kutz said...

mike - the "...so what are you doing here" quote made me laugh quite a bit