Friday, August 8, 2008

God Bless Tiny Tim

I remember hearing about Tiny Tim when I was younger, but I didn't really look into who he was until recently when I discovered that an incredible recording of "Fill Your Heart" by Biff Rose used in the documentary Charles Manson Superstar was Tiny Tim's. Here is the recording:



Tiny Tim was a very unique person, a consummate showman trapped in a large, neurotic man-child. Here is a nice little biographical essay:

Hello, stranger

In his own words:

'My greatest unfulfilled ambition...is to be one of the astronauts or even the first singer on the Moon. But most of all, I'd love to see Christ come back to crush the spirit of hate and make men put down their guns. I'd also like just one more hit single.'

Amen.

2 comments:

Tyler James said...

For all his seemingly good Christian values that first picture is one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen. It reminds me of the feeling I got the first time I saw Hellraiser at age eleven and was resigned to the fact that the world was run by malice or chance.

Creepy.

Christina Spinelli said...

Tiny Tim rules. Did you know he founded Spookyworld?
Something like that, anyway.
Tiptoe Through The Tulips is a great tune as well.