Friday, July 18, 2008

Watching the World Burn

By this point anything you read about The Dark Knight is bound to be full of spoilers, but if you haven't seen Christopher Nolan's beautiful thriller yet and are looking for some solid, spoiler free previews to whet your appetite, I recommend David M. Halbfinger's March 9 article "Batman's Burden."



A few hours removed from my first viewing, I think that a second viewing might be in order before I write a full review. Suffice to say that Nolan's film is an impressive and ambitious addition to not only the comic book film pantheon but to the crime genre in general - a tightly woven, scarily realistic morality play about the role of chaos in our fair play obsessed culture.

Go see it and we can all talk about it....

2 comments:

Tyler James said...

Believe every single ounce of hyperbolic extolment heaped on this movie and Heath Ledger's performance. No praise could possibly be too good, or sufficient.

Yes -- everybody see this movie so we can talk about it.

joshua francis said...

As excited as I was to see it the first time, I think I'm as excited if not more so to see it again.