Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ladytron at the Paradise


I went to see Ladytron Monday night (June 30th). It was amazing. Unfortunately I spent $75 on Red Bulls and Vodka so I could dance and possibly get a heart attack. They are currently touring on their new albulm entitled Velocifro. This Liverpoool based electronica band is simply amazing (if your are in the mood to dance and shit). Fortunately enough my friend Amanda bought me a ticket. Phil Chaney (another good friend of mine) lives a few blocks away from Commonwealth Avenue. I was able to sneak him into the concert. The night ended with me asleep in the back of my Mother's Chrysler 300. I advise all of you to take a listen to this band. They have been around for a while. I highly reccomend the album The Witching Hour, it is absoulutely fabulous. Great show, great acoustics. The Paradise is possibly the cleanest club in all of Boston. I love the Middle East(Cambridge), but it is a dive. Give them a listen.

4 comments:

Ambiguous Q. Thunderwing said...

Witching Hour is super dope. the new one i'm not so hot on. did they play "destroy everything you touch"?

Alex Kotce said...

Yes they did, bud. Give the new one a shot. They are rather forumilaic but the single "Ghost" is rather incredible.

Christina Spinelli said...

damnit. i almost tried to win tickets on the radio.
let me know the next time you go dancing!

Alex Kotce said...

Mt. Washington, Christina!!