Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yer Darn Tootin' That's Putin

In 9th grade, my history teacher engaged our class in a Capitalism vs. Communism debate where he was pro-Communism and the class was pro-Capitalism. In retrospect, this was an incredibly stupid exercise, although I remember making the argument that Communism doesn't allow for Michael Jordans or Dominic Wilkenses or Larry Birds or Spud Webbs (I was really into basketball at the time). On the contrary, Communism allows for Vladimir Putin, who is apparently a Judo master with a black belt and is beginning to market that fact.

Who do you want to go toe-to-toe with Putin on your behalf, McCain or Obama?

2 comments:

joshua francis said...

I'll throw my support behind whichever candidate vows to return Robert Kraft's stolen Super Bowl XXXIX ring to American soil BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Also I don't know if I support a system that allows for Spud Webbs. Spud Webb paved the way for Nate Robinson, the most ludicrously undeserving Slam Dunk champion in history (and I'm including Brent Barry).

Ambiguous Q. Thunderwing said...

I think a midget in the NBA is delightful any way you slice it.