Thursday, October 9, 2008

Catching up on the debates

I read an article in the NY Times this morning, which was comparing the Obama campaign to the (Bill) Clinton campaign. There was criticism on the way Obama held back in the town hall forum, and didn't reach out to the people like Clinton did in the 1992 debates. As I was only 7 or so at the time of the Clinton vs. Bush vs. Perot debates, I had to look into Clinton's ability to give a "psychic hug" to a struggling American people:



While I was youtubing this, of course, I stumbled across these debate gems:



3 comments:

Ms. Feldman said...

By the way, I'm so excited to see "W." Is anyone else feeling that excitement?

joshua francis said...

Clinton makes everyone else in these clips look amateurish.

I'm not that pumped to see W. I have an uneasy feeling that it might end up being an uberserious MADtv skit. I think it's too soon.

dave kutz said...

bushes look silly here. wish i could have voted for clinton. i was excited for W. though i understand how it could definitely be seen as too soon.