Sunday, March 30, 2008

There's Nothing Funny on TV Anymore

I've been enjoying Mr. Kotce's link to Derek and Simon these past couple of mornings and feel compelled to share a link to my own favorite comedy duo Clark and Michael. Starring Michael Cera (Arrested Development) and Clark Duke (Greek) as would be screenwriters trying to make it in LA, this ten episode series is available exclusively online. Aside from his stellar work in Arrested Development, Michael Cera has been criminally underutilized in his major film roles but here his comedic talents are on full display opposite the equally funny Clark Duke. The series has a sequential plot, so make sure you start from the first episode.

Clark and Michael

2 comments:

dave kutz said...

I just watched all the episodes in this series last night. It's delightful entertainment. The ten minute format never seems too short - they manage to fit just enough in each little episode. The comedic timing is right on, Cera and Duke are hilarious and somehow after ten viewings I was not yet tired of the opening theme song. I look forward to more from these guys.

kevin romine said...

I watched it right after I saw "Superbad" a few months ago. I love how in the opening song they are standing on Cuba Gooding Jr.'s star and pretending to be impressed. The other moment I loved was when Duke took his mechanic out to lunch and the guy's friend showed up and invited himself. How often does that stuff happen? When you watch "Superbad" again, you see Duke standing next to Cera at the party in a few scenes.

I found out about the show because I was watching Cera's interview on David Letterman on Youtube. It is pretty bizarre, you have to see it to know what I mean.