Monday, June 16, 2008

Wedding Bells

This weekend I'll be attending my sister's wedding. Realistically, I'm not expecting antics on par with the epic Full House two-parter wherein Uncle Jesse's skydiving adventure lands him in the back of a tomato truck en route to the ceremony.... but you never know. I've been doing some research and am prepared for a variety of possible scenarios.

Such as a shark attack leading to newfound wealth and security for the bridal couple:


... or unexpected religious conflicts between families.


... or embarrassing relatives at the ceremony:


... or the groom having to prove himself to his new father in law by rescuing the bride from a pair of Mexican bandits:


As a member of the wedding party, I'm pulling for the last scenario. I can only assume that my position as a groomsman would make me a lock for inclusion in the groom's bandit hunting posse.

4 comments:

Alex Kotce said...

I think you have a better chance of ending up like Jesse Kastopolis in the back of a tomato truck from a sky diving accident even if you weren't skydiving and even though you aren't the groom. You aren't in a comic strip, bud. I know it's just semantics but still. Those episodes always end up happy and morally correct.

Alex Kotce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maureen Gillespie said...

Very nice. You even got the name of the groom and the look of the couple right on that last one, so obviously, it's coming true.

As a member of the wedding party on the bride's side, we're probably going to have to turn the ranch into a saloon (Pop will approve), so the bandit hunters will have a place to rest their feet and throw back a brew at the end of the day.

Ms. Feldman said...

I want to go to a wedding!